Sunday, October 30, 2005

Kiri's Party!



Here is Kiri getting ready for everyone to come to his and Casey's birthday party! HE wants them to hurry up!



Here are my baby carrots for Kalyns WHB 4! They are growing well!



This was Karen's Jellyfish and prawn salad. It was soooo yummy! I think she might have converted quite a few people with this yummy dish! But don't be like Casey's dad and eat too much because you might get indigestion from it. But Karen recommends green tea as the perfect remedy.



This is Kates Sundried tomato and Pinenut Dip, it is really good! It is fresh and tasty mmmm



This is Dave and Marg (Casey's Parents) Home Smoked trout, which they caught themselves at their cabin at lake Eucumbene, mmmmmm!!!!!!




This is Kate modeling her Sourdough, dip and smoked trout sandwhich mmmmm



This is our friend chris's Multicoloured squashed cherry tomato and olive salad. Yum! There were comments about his being a guy and able to cook! So if this appeals to you, just let me know ;) as he is desperate and dateless, but smart, good looking and a really nice guy! oh and an awesome photographer



This is a BBQ swordfish, which was one of Casey's favourite dishes, there were also BBQ chilli and garlic prawns, but sadly there were no photos. hmmm they must have disappeared to quickly



These are some Italian Arancini that Jai brought from his fav Italian cafe



This was some really yummy dip and turkish bread that my Aunties brought for me :) They also assured Casey that being thirty isn't such a big deal (hahahahahah) :P



This is THE HUGE four layer devils food/blackforest cake that I made for Casey and Kiri's birthday. My two special boys.... awwwww (love you both!) (yes kiri reads eatstuff!)



This is all that was left, it kinda collapsed into a glorious mess when it was sliced,as it was defying gravity! and Fresh cream whilst really tasty is like buliding a house on sand LOL!




This is Kiri after he had waaaayyyy too many beeers! and is alittle drunk, but one is the legal age for puddy cats!



Here is Kiri taking a well deserved break, he had a big day, from being a model in his new suit to greeting guests, and playing. Woah it was hard. But most of all he wants to thank all his new friends from all over the world for their very kind wishes, love andthe hard work they went too to make his party such a very special day!

24 comments:

itookit said...

Wow some of those photos are pretty good.. I have to defend myself here I don't think I'd go that far as desperate.. The cake was awesome.. waiting to see that picture of the creepy gnome eyeing of the cake.. :) 

Posted by Chris

eat stuff said...

LOL
hmm probably not too desperate anyway :) 

Posted by clare eats

Farmgirl Susan said...

oh no! just wrote humongous  comment and it evaporated when I tried to 'go back!!!' cannot believe this! Grrr.  Too hungry to retype everything after staring at those incredibly delicious photos so will attempt quick recap:

great party!
super photos!
like amazing cake the best!
(or maybe 'after' cake pic)
Kiri looking fine as always
Don't know how you will top this one
Felt like I was there, except am still hungry!

happy birthday Casey & kiri!!!!!
(And three giant cheers for super clare!) 

Posted by farmgirl

Farmgirl Susan said...

P.S.
Absolutely love the first picture! 

Posted by farmgirl

eat stuff said...

Hi FG
I am so glad you liked it, as you know it left me tired and more than alittle exhausted but it was a great day and I think more than alittle fun was had by all!

There was also lots of wine, beer and non alcholic beverages drunk as it was a very warm day! 

Posted by clare eats

eat stuff said...

Oh and if anyone wants the cake recipe, which I definately recommend as it was super simple to make and super chocolatey and moist I used this recipe.

Devils food Cake
4 ounces 85% cocoa chocolate
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 1/2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
finely ground in spice mill
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla

For cake:
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F. Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper rounds. Stir chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water until smooth. Remove from over water. Cool to barely lukewarm.

Sift flour and next 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk milk and yogurt to blend in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Mix in dry ingredients alternately with milk mixture in 3 additions each. Divide batter between prepared pans.

Bake cakes until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool cakes in pans on racks 15 minutes. Turn cakes out onto racks; remove parchment and cool completely.

which is very slightly modifed from here http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/109274

Kalyn Denny said...

Great photos. I'd love to get the recipe for the sundried tomato and pinenut dip if your friend would share it. All the food looks yummy, and it's fun to see the carrots peeking up.  

Posted by Kalyn

eat stuff said...

Hi Kalyn

I took the photo whilst outdoors in the sunshine showing them off to friends (aren't they cute!) So I thought I should include them in the party round up. I will hassel Kate for the recipe, I already started as soon as I tasted the dip ;) 

Posted by clare eats

boo_licious said...

What a fantastic party, Clare! You outdid yourself. Everything looks so yummylicious. Kiri looks so happy.

Joycelyn said...

happy birthday kiri & casey! clare: you really are the hostess with the mostest ;) 

Posted by J

it's only fuel said...

Holy Cow that is a huge cake! Looks soooooo good..must resist urge to duplicate it....must resist..urge....

Looks like a great party, happy birthdays all around!

KT

 

Posted by Katie Carter

Rebecca Johnson said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Casey & kiri!!!!!!!! (enter drumroll)
Happy Birthday to you

I hope it was lovely...it sure looks like it was. I'll have to remember this party when it's my doggie's birthday and have a B-day bash for him too! What a great idea

 

Posted by Becca

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic spread! And I love the pic of Kiri at the window. 

Posted by tfp

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite a spread and nice pic's too! Kiri's really lucky! 

Posted by Kirk

kitchenmage said...

wow! nice job all around... applause, hoots, cheers...  

Posted by kitchenmage

Rachel said...

Aww Case and Clare,

we really wish we could've been there and we really wish we lived closer as well :( Looked like you guys had lots of fun and lots of yummy food to eat :) Great photos and that jellyfish salad looked like it rocked :P~ 

Posted by Rachel

Cat said...

looks like a birthday well celebrated! that cake looks divine :)  

Posted by Catesa

Anonymous said...

These photos are adorable. thanks for sharing them and making me smile. Kiri is SUCH a beautiful kitty. 

Posted by Kristi

Jocelyn:McAuliflower said...

So cute!

In my next life, I want to come back as one of your kitties! 

Posted by McAuliflower

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm...great party, Clare! Care to email me the recipe for that dip and that salad? They look wonderful. And I am very impressed by the cake and Casey's folks' trout. A lucky cat, indeed. 

Posted by amy

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. My husband won't let me buy swordfish...that whole overfishing thing. That is my kind of cake!

Posted by Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute, reminds me of my cat Smokey, what a card!!
Happy Birthday Kiri!!! 

Posted by Deborah

Michèle said...

Clare that is so cute, and the food looks fantastic! here's wishing both Casey and Kiri very happy birthdays! 

Posted by michele

Dawn said...

I second Kalyn's request for a recipe for the sundried tomato spread. That last photo of Kiri on the lap is precious! Happy belated birthday kitties! I better not let my cats read eatstuff...they'll be jealous! 

Posted by Dawn

Post a Comment