Friday, May 06, 2005

Presents all round


Thanks to a very kind Reid from 'ono kine grindz in Hawaii I received a package earlier this week of 2 packages of li hing mui. I am very lucky to have received my present as the package was opened by AQIS (Australian Quarantine Service), and it had to be sent all the way from Hawaii.

li hing mui are Chinese preserved plums, they are sour, salty sand sweet all at the same time. They remind me of a dried fruit version of a sour gummy lolly. Thanks heaps Reid, keep an eye out for your return package of surprise gifts :)

2 comments:

Reid said...

Hi Clare,

I'm glad you received the package and hopefully, you enjoyed the li hing mui. If there is anything else you want from Hawaii, let me know.

Thanks in advance for sending me something as well. You didn't have to do that you know. =)

eat stuff said...

Hi Reid,

Thanks for visiting my blog!
This has been so much fun! It was such a cool suprise to receive a package all the way from Hawaii!
I have been munching on the Cherry Li Hing all week :), they have become very addicitive.

Sending something back is half the fun. I am alittle annoyed that I was unable to get part of the suprise I wanted :(, maybe next time...

Post a Comment