Monday, July 25, 2005

Blogging By Mail: Parcel number 2!



Bang, Bang, Bang, is what I woke up to this morning. I peeked through the curtains and saw a strange guy standing at the door? Huh? OH BLOGGING BY MAIL PARCEL!!!!! Hello! Hello I am coming I yell. I open the door and I am handed a box! A Box, the first thing I notice is the pretty writing and the name. OH MY! No? Really????? Surely I didn't get a parcel from my friend?
I walk into the living room and open the box, I pull out an envelope. OMG! I was right, I got a package from farmgrl! I pull out 2 large packages if cookies and 2 packages of crackers and a little present and some stickers. The present has a book of literary cat quotes! Well I know what I am going to include a different one on each WCB from NOW!!!!

I don't know if you can tell from here, but that is ALOT of cookies and crackers, but I am afraid there definitely wont be enough!

So, I send farmgrl an email, because I am still in shock. I decide that the only way to try these is to do it properly. I make a cup of tea (Puttabong estate SFTGFOP-1 second flush, to be exact). Whilst the tea brews I take some photos (trying to ensure there is no foliage Reid ;) ) . I sit down have a sip of tea to steady my self and crunch, my mouth is over taken by the flavour of the cookies, Farmgrl said they are J's favourite, well I know why. I have never had a biscuit so flavourful or as good before. They taste like lemon butter! YUM!, YUM!, YUM!. So I have a sip of tea and bite into one of the Parmesan and pecorino(baa!) crackers , Susan declared these as her favourite. Well I have never had homemade crackers before, and I can tell you that is changing from this minute, no more will I allow those things FKAC into my house again. I think we will be feasting on crackers, cheese and champange for dinner tonight, Jealous??? *grin*

Thankyou so much farmgrl, you were so generous and thanks Nic for having my friend send me a parcel!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cute! I think it is adorable that your good friend ended up sending your box. She could cater it to your likes! The crackers look delicious.

I too sent a box to an Australian blogger from the United States. I keep crossing my fingers that it makes it in time. 

Posted by Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
She is only a relly new friend too :)

The crackers are fantastic.. hopefully I am getting the recipe for both! (but I KNOW I wont be allowed to share the cookie recipe). The cookies are SO FLAVOURFUL I still dont understand! 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Blogging by mail just makes me smile. 

Posted by sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam
It's pretty great, huh? So nice to get a parcel in the mail! 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare,

Woo Hoo! Those cookies look and sound great! I wish I had known about this.... *sigh* 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

Oh you didn't know Reid?
Oh that is terrible!!! I will be sure to let you know when the next one is on, I dont think it will be to long :)

The lemon butter cookies are soooooooooooo good!!!! 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

How jealous I am that you got homemade goodies from Farmgirl?? I can't believe you guys were blogging by mail partners! Oh, and don't worry--I have done my share of begging and pleading for the lemon butter cookie recipe. :) 

Posted by Amy

Anonymous said...

I know Amy I couldnt belevie it! But I did not get to send her something I am still not at liberty to reveal who my bbm partner is ;) (they should be there soon!)
Oh those cookies and the crackers!!!!!!! YUM! YUM! YUM!

I think we should do a triangle swap, ? or at least a me and you swap.

 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

A triangle swap, definitely! I'll bring the butterscotch morsels! (We'd better tell Farmgirl we "signed" her up for this, LOL) 

Posted by Amy

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Wow, Clare, I'm absolutely flattered by your post. And so happy you liked everything (and that it arrived intact!) The "trick" to those cookies (just like with everything else) is simply to use the best ingredients: organic butter, lemons, flour, etc. And make it with love, of course! : )

P.S. LOL You are shameless to make your innocent friend beg for a recipe! : )

P.P.S. The triangle swap will be fun--thanks for letting me know I signed up! : )

Can't wait to see what you sent your Secret Blogging By Mail pal. I still have to write about the amazing package I received--been too busy enjoying it!  

Posted by farmgirl

Anonymous said...

P.S. I just love your write-up--so amusing (especially how you started it)!

P.P.S. So how did the crackers go with the cheese and champagne? : ) 

Posted by farmgirl

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!
I brought amy into this before you had even responded! LOL! *grin*

Yay! Amy ;) *grin*!!!! This is going to be fun!

Yay! Farmgrl, there is definately a trick they taste like lemon butter!

The crackers went fabulously darling, with some aussie saprling and some washed rind gooeness!
The boy was VERY IMPRESSED!
 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Farmgirl! You're in! This will be fun. Now I have to go run some boring errands and to amuse myself I'm going to think about what I will send. Hmmmm. I have one really good idea.

Hey Clare, tell us when your partner posts so we can see what you sent. 

Posted by Amy

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!

*Grin*
Wilco Amy! Have a great day! The weather was beautiful here :) 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Clare:

That was a great post! I am so happy that your recieved such a lovely package. I am jealous that the cookies are lemon, they are one of my favourite types of cookies. I think I better make some tea and imagine I am eating those cookies ;P 

Posted by milgwimper

Anonymous said...

Hi Mills
Well you would be even more jealous if you knew how good they tasted ;) 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am also super jealous after reading those rave reviews of farmgirl's cookies and crackers!

I must sign up for the next one! Looks like a load of fun. 

Posted by boo_licious

Anonymous said...

I love reading these writeups. I'm glad you're having fun, Clare! 

Posted by Nic

Anonymous said...

Hi Boo
Definately!

Hi Nic
Thanks heaps for doing this :) 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Hey Clare,
These look delicious, and your photos are great. And wow-homemade crackers! My mouth is watering. You are one lucky girl.

Thanks for visiting my blog the last few days. I blog-rolled you, since you have such a fun blog here. :) 

Posted by Kristi

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi
Oh I am sooo lucky ;)
Thanks for finding my blog fun! I don't want to take myself too seriously LOL!

Thanks for blogrolling me! I will add you in my next bogroll ;) update 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just got MY parcel from you! Thansk so much ~ dontcha love getting these fun little packages! 

Posted by Linda

Post a Comment