Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I WON! I WON!

Can you believe it? Me? Ha! Especially after all the complaining I, and I am sure you my poor readers have done, about my writing.. LOL

But it is really true! I won the Seafood Poetry Contest at Amy's Blog, Amy has even very graciously offered to send me the prize. I dont know if I deserve it though... Be sure to keep an eye out on Amys cute daughter Kyra who is already making her presence on the net felt!

The best thing about blogging has not been talking about myself and my love of food, what I eat, make, think and feel about, because this could be only self gratifying and lonely. But when you make a connections with like minded people across the world and they slowly become friends... This is why I do continue to do this. So thanks to all my new blogging friends. XX

11 comments:

Michèle said...

Hey congrats, and a prize to boot! you do deserve it. You are one of the most fun, supportive and enthusiastic bloggers around!

eat stuff said...

Michele,
me? are you sure? :P
thanks so much!
BTW you are one of the new friends I was talking about ;)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!

I've noticed that, as well. I manage another, non-food blog, in addition to two foodie ones. And while I'm friendly with my other non-food bloggers, it's the food bloggers who've earned themselves a place in my life! I can't remember the last time I've 'met' so many wonderful, and like-minded, people. And I love it.

eat stuff said...

Hi Stephanie

thanks so much!
There really must be something about food bloggers.... that makes them so nice and friendly. I agree how many other really nice people do you "meet" every day?

Ana said...

Congratulations Clare. I loved you poem too.

Michèle said...

Yes you, and yes Im sure! blogging wouldnt be as much fun without you!

eat stuff said...

Oh Wow guys

Thanks so much *grin* You have definately made my day!

eat stuff said...

Thanks heaps AG! Iam very stoked :)

Farmgirl Susan said...

"So thanks to all my new blogging friends."

Just so you know, in this household, you are now referred to "my new Australian pal Clare!"

I, too, love this worldwide connection with people of deliciously like minds--and appetites!

Farmgirl Susan said...

Oops!
P.S. CONGRATULATIONS! I thought your poem was a riot. And very clever, too, of course! :)

eat stuff said...

Hi Farmgrl!

I am so glad.. I think casey still thinks it's weird when I refer to people like that... :)

Post a Comment